Our Korean Seoulful Ramen is our take on a Korean Recipe that anyone can cook at camp. It is quick, easy to prepare, and hearty, for your friends and family. You can either cook this for lunch, or for merienda, or even your main dinner dish. You can either use a butane stove or simply put the pot on a campfire as most of the steps will just require you to boil your ingredients.
Korean Seoulful Ramen
Prep Time: approx 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serving Size: 3 persons
- 3 packs of OTTOGI Jin Ramen / Shin Ramyun (Spicy level is up to you)
- 3 eggs large
- 250g ribeye steak (or any steak cut you prefer)
- 1 pack of kimchi (or any kimchi you personally buy)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil/butter (if you plan on pan-frying your beef)
- 2 liters of water
- Generously season Steak/Beef with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Boil around 1.5L of water
- Toss in your ramen noodle and powder and let it cook for 5 mins
- When the ramen noodles are cooked, crack the eggs and put them into the pot.
- Stir the noodles to evenly spread the egg. Add more water according to your preference. Set aside the pot when the egg is cooked.
- Fry steak on a hot pan for 1.5 mins on one side, flip and fry for 1.5 mins on the other side. Add butter and baste for 30 seconds
- Grill steak on the grill for 1.5 mins on one side, flip and grill for 1.5 mins on the other side.
- Let the steak rest on a chopping board for 3 mins. Slice into small cuts afterward.
- Assemble the noodles, steak, and kimchi in your bowl and enjoy!